Saturday, May 12, 2012

My weight has gone up and down and up and down and I am probably a lot more than I'd like to be, but that's okay because things WILL get better. I am determined to make them. I have been a bit stressed out the last few days and just gorged myself on chocolate and chips and things. It is hard to eat right when you are gluten intolerant.
I went crazy last night and said, eff it, I can't have a gluten allergy anyways. I went and at some gluten rich foods and now I am still regretting it. I have slept a good number of hours since then and my stomach is still acting like I stabbed it and punched it and maybe like a car ran into it.
One issue I have is that my stomach is very loud and you can actually hear when I am hungry. So no matter how much I tell H that I am not hungry, he knows when I am lying.
Also, I hear it is not normal to feel like puking when you are hungry... I have that too.
Right now my stomach is a combination of disgustingly unhappy, and hungry with the nausea sensation... I am not having fun with it. This may sound super painful but I have grown so used to pain it is a friend to me and doesn't usually bother me. It is the annoyance of an itch I guess I could say... except that itches probably bother me more.
I weighed myself after eating yesterday, and after drinking a lot of fluids, so I am not sure what I weigh but I will be checking here in a bit.
Also- last year I helped H lose some weight by writing out a plan for him and having him go on walks with me. He stopped listening to what I said about weigh when things started falling apart and he gained it all back. He just asked me to write the plan out for him again and have him follow it. H is a big guy. He is maybe 5 foot 7, and weighs 170 pounds- but this is just a very general number that is probably off. Either way, he is a big guy. He wants to lose weight. He lost twenty or thirty pounds last year on my plan, before distancing himself from me and gaining it all back...
He has a few great things going for him, one of those is that he is so big. When you are overweight, your metabolism is incredible. Your body knows some of it needs to go and makes it possible, all you have to do is watch what you eat, and how much you eat, and preferably exercise sometimes. Another thing in his favor- he's a guy. It has been proven that men will lose weight faster than women a lot of times, because they already have a great metabolism. I think it has something to do with their bodies needing or wanting to revert to a muscled state. You know how young men, when they hit 10th or 11th grade they just suddenly turn into all muscle? Their bodies will continue to do that naturally for ten or so more years. Ten is a very general number though, so don't quote me on that one.
Men also have to eat more.
So my plan, was to separate his meals out several times a day, like I told you girls to when you hit a plateau. I told him to keep his calorie count between 2000-2500 because that is a good amount for a man, for a woman, generally around 1500 is a good number. That's why it is so effective for a short period of time when you consume any number of calories below 1500 for a day. That's actually what I measure my eating disorder by. If I eat more than 1500 calories a day, I can't have a disorder, but I will also gain weight- that's my fear anyways.
But like I was saying... I think I will moderate the old plan, especially because I can't remember the exact old one, but this time I will factor in things like fruits and veggie servings, eating more before exercising, and I will add in certain guidelines for drinks. I am a lot more knowledgeable about those things now.
I honestly am just honored that he would ask em to make him a plan again, instead of figuring it out himself. That means he respects my vast knowledge of health and weight loss science, and admits that I know it better than him. That means that he is aware that I am the reason he lost weight last time, and he acknowledges that it worked. This means a lot of things, but mostly I am just happy that he asked little old me to help him! :)

1 comment:

  1. Ten Points for Venus! Haha I love that he asked you, I am glad you are feeling better - also helping him will no doubt do wonders for you as well - glad hes realising and appreciating your amazingness! Lots of Love! xx

    ReplyDelete